Lesson 1: How to claim your prize.
Lesson 2: How to hire a chauffeur.
Have a winning ticket? Congratulations! Here's how to claim it.
First–and most important–sign the back of your ticket. This prevents anyone else from claiming your prize.
- You can claim most prizes at any Montana Lottery retailer. Retailers can pay all prizes up to $599. All prizes over $599 must be claimed at Lottery Headquarters either in person or by mail. All prizes may be claimed by mail.
How do I claim a prize by mail?
- Sign the back of your winning ticket immediately to establish ownership.
- Print your name and address on the back.
- Complete a claim form and mail it, along with your winning ticket, to:
- Montana Lottery Prize Payments
- P O Box 6073
- Helena MT 59604-6073
- We recommend keeping photocopies of your claim form and the front and back of your ticket. We also recommend using certified mail for tickets mailed to the Lottery.
Can I bring my ticket to Helena to claim it?
- Yes, you can. Prizes may be claimed Monday through Friday from 8AM to 4:30PM. Lottery headquarters is located at 2525 North Montana Avenue in Helena. If you have trouble finding us, call 406-444-5825 (just 444-5825 in Helena), and we'll provide directions. Or you can follow this map.
How much time do I have to claim my prize?
- All Scratch ticket prizes must be claimed within six months of the announced end of the game.
- All Lotto/Draw Game prizes must be claimed within six months of the drawing for which your ticket was eligible.
Download the claim form here: http://montanalottery.com/forms/claimform.pdf
If you are unable to access the claim form you may request a copy to be sent to you through regular mail. Write or call us or e-mail your request to the Montana Lottery. Include your name, address, city, state and zip code with your request.
What if I'm sharing my prize with another person or a group?
- Only one person may claim a prize, but you may choose to divide the tax liability if you are sharing your prize with another person or a group. Click here to download IRS Form 5754, then complete the form and return it to the Lottery. Each claimant will receive an individual W-2G.